Home / Blog / Tips & Tricks / Boston Terrier for Sale: These Dapper Dudes Love a Good Time!
Boston Terrier for Sale: These Dapper Dudes Love a Good Time!
July 15, 2017
A fun, playful breed, a Boston terrier for sale in Beavercreek, Ohio is a great choice for people who want a cheerful and energetic companion!
There is so much that makes the Boston terrier a great addition to all sorts of families! Many people don’t realize that they are one of the only dog breeds to be bred originally in the United States from, you guessed it, Boston, Massachusetts! Boston Terriers are affectionately known as the “American Gentleman” of dogs due to their origins and the tuxedo-like quality of their black and white coats. They have been an American staple since the 1960s and have thrived in households due to their fun, affable nature. Think the Boston might be right for your family? Keep reading for interesting facts about the temperament and characteristics of the Boston terrier. Want to see pictures of the Boston terrier for sale in our store, check out our available puppies page!
Boston terriers have a look and personality that make you sit up and take notice!
- Bostons have a short, smooth coat that is almost shiny in appearance. They are either brindle with white markings, black with white markings, or seal (a chocolaty red) with white markings. And their tails are either cute little nubs or “screw tails” that resemble a piglets. So stinking cute!
- They vary greatly in weight and be as small at 14lbs and go all the way up to 28lbs! They have an average lifespan of about 12-14 years because of their smaller stature.
- Bostons certainly require exercise, as they are an energetic breed. However, a few short play sessions daily or moderate walks are better than long exercise sessions. Because of the flat nature of their faces, they can get overheated from extreme play or weather conditions.
- The Boston does great with children and other pets. They are heartier than other small breed dogs and can handle a little rougher of a play time.
- An occasional bath, supplemented by brushing, is really all that’s needed to keep the coat looking good. This will also control shedding, which occurs, but is minimal in this breed.
Unfortunately, there is so much more to the Boston terrier breed than we can get into today! Feel free to give our knowledgeable Pet Counselors a call with any additional questions about our Boston terriers we have for sale in our store. We can definitely agree on one thing, Boston terrier puppies are good at giving lots of puppy kisses!